Meeting: Monday September 9th 5-7 p.m. at the Collier County Government Center, Board of County Commissioner Chambers, 3rd floor. See attached document. (and if interested, then click on the link to the Feasibility Website)
The message below was received from Collier County
Collier County Road Maintenance will resurface the complete Gulf Shore Drive Roadway. The work should take around five days and they are attempting to start on Tuesday Sept 3.
- Gulf Shore Drive from Vanderbilt Beach Road to Bluebill Ave.
- 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Tuesday Sept. 3 through Friday Sept. 13
- Closed to all through traffic: Local traffic will be accommodated.
- Detour will be posted.
- Electronic message boards, advance warning signs, and barricades plus flagmen will be used.
- Milling and resurfacing asphalt roadway end to end.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office sent out this alert. Please click on the link above to see the full message.
This is a PUD Rezone for the Lighthouse Inn CPUD to allow hotel and ancillary uses. This is a companion item to a SSGMPA Petition which will establish the Vanderbilt Gulf Shore Resort Subdistrict.
— see attached letter – – – Zoning Applications
For more information: Check out this link — https://cvportal.colliercountyfl.gov/CityViewWeb/Planning/Status?planningId=26967
Attached is an excellent recap of this project by Julie Beck Maddox, who is experiencing this project first hand. They have established a Facebook account:
If you are a Facebook user, we encourage you to join this group to keep up to date with first-hand accounts